Sunday, September 1, 2013

New Nail Polish Rack and Storage

My nail polish collection exploded to a full blown addiction!
Problem:
How do I organize and store my nail polishes efficiently while not spending a whole lot of money
Answer:
BUILD ONE!
If you live in the Philippines like me then purchasing a nail polish rack online is kind of difficult not to mention VERY EXPENSIVE. :( From shipping fees and taxes you will have to pay for, it isn't very practical. I did some research and came across this blog post on a DIY: Wooden nail polish rack http://alexandria-allisblog.blogspot.com/2012/09/diy-nail-polish-rack.html
I wrote down the dimensions and asked the carpenter of my father to build it for me :) He did an amazing job! I tweaked it a little and added borders to the ledges just to prevent the polishes from falling down in an event of an earthquake (hey! Better safe then sorry! :P )



Pros of having a shelf made:
You can change up the dimensions, color, look... The possibilities are endless. I wanted to make sure that the rack would go well with my room.
Cons:
It does require wall space and if your walls a concrete like mine some drilling is required.




I installed the nail polish rack near my door and beside the door to the bathroom. It was the perfect place because it wouldn't be exposed to sunlight. (Which is a good thing because sunlight can speed up the deterioration of your nail polish)
I estimated and this rack could hold up to 160+ nail polishes. It really depends on the size of the bottles. (To give you an idea of the width of the nail polish rack imagine placing 21 bottles of essie nail polishes in a line. That is the width per row)



I have a feeling I will have another rack built soon. ;P
- Do not forget to subscribe and check out my other posts! have a wonderful day!


2 comments: