Monday, May 27, 2013

Review : So not hot for Haute as Hello by Essie

I finally got my hands on the ever elusive "Haute as Hello" by Essie :) Unlike some places Essie isn't readily available here in the Philippines. If you do find it in a store, it is really expensive! Luckily I have been buying my essie polishes as well as others (OPI, Zoya and Picture Polish) from polishplease.ph which sells them at a very reasonable price. :) my wallet and I have stopped speaking to each other because of this store... Lol
I definitely have a love/hate relationship with Essie... I love the colors but generally hate the formula... :( I really love the color of this one but their are cons to this polish you need to consider before buying
Now for my review on this polish:
Streaky on the first coat. I highly recommend two to three coats Ladies! Correction.. It's a three coater.







(1 coat)





When it dries it has a semi-matte finish. It isn't a true matte because it still has a shine to it. Beautiful color! I think this would go with any skin tone. Definitely perfect for the summer season.











(No top Coat... For my accent nail I used "Metallic Mush by Picture Polish)





Looks very pretty outdoors as well. What can I say the color just Pops!!! One really annoying thing though is when you put a top coat over it (I used Zoya's Armor top coat) the color changed! It seemed like it oxidized. :(














(Left is the one without a top coat and the right is the one with topcoat)





Final verdict if you know of a dupe get that one instead. As much as I love the color I really hate how it oxidizes... :( I give this polish a 2.75/5 . just because the color is So Pretty!

3 comments:

  1. Can you do a comparison post vs Tart Deco? Teehee. I recently bought my perfect coral polish, it's Color Club Coral Cascade :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get what you mean about Essie and their formula! Such a shame because they have nice colors but I really can't be bothered using nail polish that's a pain to apply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree! I looove essie but hate formulas on some colors! My #1 is really OPI! I could wear them for so long and not worry about chipping or fading especially i bake a lot which entails to a lot of hand washing.. OPI is my top fave & i highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete